Rabu, Januari 02, 2008

Should we lie on our resume ?

I try to apply for Management Develop Program on a blue-eagle-logo tv station yesterday. I know for sure it requires FRESH-GRADUATED and minimum GPA 3.25 fresh graduate, i just graduated next year and my GPA is only 3.125, but who cares ? nothing to lose anyway.Wkaka

So..i write it down :

Graduate year : 2008
GPA : 3.125

I dont care haha

But the one that i care is the next question after that,

Cities that u visited in last 6 month :

Hm..as i remember i never visited any city in last 6 month, i got to go to college and take care of the thesis so how's possible for me to go to other cities. There's no need also for me to go to other city.

Feature Film (its written “Film Bioskop”) that you saw in last 1 month :

Wah..actually i rarely go to cinema to watch movie, i prefer copy it from my friend who download it from internet or buying a pirated dvd. Lagipula, i'm kind of bored to hollywood movies recently that's the main reason. Last time i know i'm watching Pursuit of Happiness and Naga Bonar Jadi 2, all from downloaded file. It's impossible for me to write it down, it will giving me bad image. Hahah now i prefer to watch some hollywood tv series and also dorama

Novel that you read in last 1 month :

I like reading so much, but considering i'm pengacara (pengangguran banyak acara), i have to think twice for buying some good quality novel. I like reading some hard novel like “The Kite Runner” or “To Kill Mockingbird” its so inspiring, but novel like that is quiete expensive for me (appr. Rp. 50.000,-). My parents is not a millionaire so its impossible for me to expense money more than they gave me.

SO..i confuse to fill that 3 fields.

If i let it blank, then they must thinking that i'm so kuper
Ok, dont let it blank

So it comes to my mind, what if i write it fake.
May be la..la...laa i write Bandung on city that i visited, i write The Golden Compass and The Warlords on movie i saw, and i write some pulitzer award winning-book “The Known World” on book i read.

Then...

“Evil Me” said It's ok they won't know you fake it, why you should be honest with it, you'll be stigma as a kuper boy
“Angel Me” said Don't lie on your resume, its nothing to lose right ? Just let it be, if they accept you who you are then its good, but if you're rejected, then its ok, means you're not fit with that job.

Okeh...i listen to “Angel Me”, i dont want to lie...

At last, i prefer to write honest thing, i let the blank on City and book field, and i write “I prefer watching hollywood / dorama series“ hahaha... i know i never going to be call (my GPA only 3.125 and i'm not graduated yet), but its some kind of interesting and new experience noticing some tv station also want to know how outgoing you are (by knowing how many cities u going), how smart you are (by knowing what kind of book you read), and how update you are with recent buzz (by knowing how update are you on movies). It strength me to be honest on everything, haha

do you think i should lie on the resume ?

2 Comments:

yliesan said...

urmm.... i dun exactly 'lie' when i wrote my last resume. i only exaggerated a bit. is it the same?

Boris said...

hahaha...i think it's not a lie. Kalo membesar-besarkan selama kejadiannya emang pernah terjadi ya..gpp wkakaka